Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Difference between Friends and Family

There comes a time when your friends become your family! and I absolutely LOVE it! When we moved to El Campo in April of 2008, I was coming back home while Steve was stepping out of his comfort zone and "moving to the country"! I was so happy to be back home and Steve was happy to be away from the busy-ness of city life! However, moving to El Campo meant leaving our friends in Rosenberg whom we had grown to love like family! I started working at the school and Steve started working at WCEC. We started attending my home church - First Baptist - and got to know a few people that I didn't know when growing up there! (I had been away for TEN years!) The boys also started attending daycare and quickly made friends with a few little boys, which brings me to the reason for this post!

Owen and Eli met their best buddies - Taylor and Luke - at daycare in 2008. At the time, I figured that once school started, the boys would go separate ways unless they were placed in the same class at school. Well...though they have been placed in different classes, they are still best buddies!!! and with that, the parents have become the best of friends too! I now consider them to be family, not just friends! When it comes to friends, you always want your house to be perfect before they arrive for whatever the occasion is. With family, on the other hand, it doesn't matter what your house looks like, they are going to come in anyways and make themselves at home! If the house was nice and neat, they would wonder why! I love my extended family!

We have started getting together with our families every other week. One of us cooks the main dish while the others bring sides and dessert! Along with the meal, there is some sort of board game involved, which the guys aren't always thrilled about but will go along with the women to make us happy!!! While the adults are shooting the breeze with each other, the kids are running around outside, playing and yelling at each other as though they were all brothers. It is awesome!!! I absolutely love it! I really hope that our children stay friends for a life time. They better because if not, the parents are going to be highly upset!!! As long as they don't all start chasing after the same girl when they are older, I think we are safe!!! HaHa!!!

So...my conclusion of the difference between friends and family...Friends - you try your best to look and do the best; family - you can be yourself and not hide anything! You can be normal! whatever that is :)

Adios for now!
Stephanie

No comments: