Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A.C.T.S. retreat

I was selected to attend the March 2011 women's A.C.T.S. retreat this coming weekend. Steve has attended one before, as well as both of my parents. I am a bit hesitant and anxious about this weekend, seeing as that I am not Catholic, I am Baptist! Over a month ago, a co-worker emailed me the information about it. Normally, I just blow invitations off but I read through it and it touched my heart. I knew God was trying to tell me something. I have been really depressed lately, doing all that I can to make my family happy and make sure all is going smoothly, and I haven't done anything for myself. After talking to my co-worker and praying, I decided to fill out the form. I continued to pray about it and God kept telling me that I need to go and do something for myself. Well, on February 22nd, I received a letter in the mail, stating that I was selected as a retreatant. I was both excited and nervous. What if I don't know anyone else going? Will the boys be ok without mommy for a few days since they have NEVER had mommy leave them before for more than one night? What about all of the "Catholic" rituals/traditions? Will I look awkward since I am Baptist and probably one of the only non-Catholics attending? I realized that satan was just trying to pull me down and get me to not go. Yes, I know people going; several who are on the team! Yes, the boys will be fine; it may be harder at night time, but they will be busy during the day! Rituals/traditions? go with the flow and don't let it get to me! I may NOT be the only non-Catholic there; it doesn't matter. God loves us all the same. So there, satan! You are NOT going to pull me down; I AM going on this retreat this weekend! Am I still anxious and nervous? YES! that is just my nature. Will I be ok? YES! God is watching over me every minute of the day!

So...tomorrow evening, I will be packing my stuff and getting ready to leave on Thursday afternoon after school. I am sure I will forget something, or forget to tell Steve something, but it will be ok. My biggest fear is being without my phone! My phone goes everywhere I go...SERIOUSLY! There goes satan again...beating at my door! I will NOT let him drag me down. I WILL survive a few days without contact with others via my phone and Facebook! I just need prayers to get over that fear!

God Bless and Terrific Tuesday!!!!

No comments: